Friday, October 24, 2008

Changes

How many times have we heard it before? Cliches. Cliches. Cliches. “The only thing constant is change.” What a letdown.

Yet, we must trudge forth, soldier on, adapt and survive.. and like a runaway freight train with no brakes, I’m facing the changes head-on. And it’s all good. How different is it? It’s as different as night and day. Well, sort of.

I still have to get used to the heading, or the title, as some might call it.. Foundation/Soft Skills Trainer.. sound lame? Perhaps, but it’s far from it. If I were to surmise, it’s like Aircheck.. but worse. I’m so mean haha.. well, it kinda is, and kinda isn’t. Kinda, because you get your fair share of wannabe’s and the semi-experienced.. and it’s isn’t, coz unlike the dj program, this is the real deal. Preparing the trainees for battle, as I term it. And it really is. Unlike the wannabe dj’s who we can push and pull on and off-air at will back in the day, here, it’s the real thing. It’s job training, theoretical-to-practical, it’s someone’s job, someone’s future on the line here. Definitely preparation for battle.

And it’s exhausting. It only lasts for a week, but man, talk about brain drain. But it’s fulfilling. It’s gratifying. Why? Because you actually have a hand at leading them down the right path. If they happened to stray, you still have a chance to point them in the right direction. And should you manage to do so successfully, the feeling’s like no other. Misfires notwithstanding, it feels good to have actually helped someone.

Do I miss radio? Hell yeah. That’s why I still do it once a week. But this is the first time that radio is less bread-and-butter, and more of a stressbuster. You may be wondering if I miss the everyday grind of radio.. all I can say is, if it’s anything like the last fiasco, then no, I don’t miss it. At all.

In a nutshell, I’m happy.

Which I guess is the way it always should be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home